SSC Stenographer Notification
SSC Stenographer 2018 Recruitment Notification – 1000+ Vacancies Expected
On 4th November 1975, the Staff Commission Election Commission was established . The recruiting of candidates in different fields in the department of Indian government and its subordinate offices, are under the charge of this government institution. The SSC Stenographer Recruitment for Grade ‘C’ and ‘D’ notification for the year 2018 is supposed to be out by June’18. We will include various topics regarding SSC Stenographer such as Exam Pattern, Vacancy, Application Procedure, and Selection Procedure and so on.
SSC Stenographer 2018 Vacancy Details
The tentative Vacancies for SSC Stenographer 2018 for Grade ‘C’ and Grade ‘D’ is expected to be released approx 1000.
Following are the Vacancy Details for SSC Stenographer 2017 for Grade ‘C’ and Grade ‘D’ :
|Organization’s Name||Staff Selection Commission|
|Total Number of Posts||Grade ‘D’ – 323 Grade ‘C’ – 31|
|Name of Exam||Stenographer Grade ‘C’ & ‘D’ Examination- 2017|
Check complete details for vacancies here
SSC Stenographer Eligibility Criteria
Candidates must have completed 12th standard from a recognised board.
- Minimum Age : 18 years
- Maximum Age : 27 years
|Code No||Category||Age Relaxation|
|06||Ex-servicemen(OBC)||06 years (3 years + 3 years) after deduction of the military service rendered from the actual age as on closing date of receipt of online application
|07||Ex-Servicemen(SC/ST)||08 years (3 years + 5 years) after deduction of the military service rendered from the actual age as on closing date of receipt of online application.
For complete eligibility details click here
SSC Stenographer 2018 Important Dates
|SSC Steno Grade C & D Notification Declaration Date||Mid of June 2018|
|Starting Date to Submit SSC Steno 2018 Application From||Mid of June 2018|
|Last Date To Apply For SSC Steno 2018 Recruitment||Mid of July 2018|
|SSC Steno Admit Card 2018 Release Date||August 2018|
|SSC Steno Exam Date 2018||September 2018|
|SSC Steno Result 2018 Declaration Date||November 2018|
|SSC Steno 2018 Skill Test Date||December 2018|
|Final Result Declaration Date||January 2019|
Keep yourself updated by visiting SSC Stenographer exam dates.
Selection Procedure for SSC Steno 2018
|1||Computer based test||Online||2 hours|
- There will be 2 stages- computer based test and skill test.
- Computer based test consists of 3 sections
- English Language
- General Awareness
Exam Pattern of SSC Steno 2018
Computer based test
|Subject||No. OF Qs||Max Marks||Duration|
|General intelligence & reasoning||50||50||2 hrs|
|English Language & Comprehension||100||100|
- Computer based test will contain multiple choice questions
- The questions will be bilingual except for English language test
- There will be negative marking- 0.25 marks
- After qualifying the written test you will be eligible for skill test.
- Dictation will be given for 10 min ( Hindi and English)
- The speed for Grade C will be 100 w.p.m and the speed for Grade D will be 80 w.p.m.
- You will have to transcribe the dictation on a computer in a given amount of time. The transcription time will be:
Grade C – 50 min (English), 65 min (Hindi)
Grade D – 40 min (English), 55 min (Hindi)
Complete Exam Pattern of SSC Steno
Application Procedure – SSC Steno Exam
- Visit the official website of SSC
- Click on the register button under new registration and fill in all your details. We will provide a direct link when the application process starts.
- After completing your registration details, you will receive registration password and number.
- Jot it down for further use.
- Now complete all your remaining details by uploading your signature and photograph.
- Pay the fees online
See more detailed SSC Steno application process with guidelines for filling out the form.
- SC/ST/ Women/ PwD : No Fee
- General/ OBC : Rs. 100/-
SSC Stenographer Admit Card 2018
The hall ticket for the SSC exam 2018, will be released on the official site before 10-15 days of the exam. The admit card could be downloaded using your DOB and registration number.
SSC Steno 2018 Result
The SSC STENOGRAPHER 2018 result, as per the updates will be released in November’2018.
Check SSC Stenographer Result.
SSC Steno Grade ‘C’
|Pay Scale||9300 – 34800|
|Grade Pay||4200 /- (Pay Band 2)|
|Total Pay (1) + (2)||14500|
SSC Steno Grade ‘D’
See more details on SSC Stenographer Salary.
- SSC Stenographer Syllabus
- English Language and Comprehension: Grammar, vocabulary, sentence structure, anonyms, synonyms, Para jumble, reading comprehension, and writing ability will also be checked in the English Language.
- General Intelligence and Reasoning: Number series, visual memory, arithmetical reasoning, syllogism, decision making, blood relationship concept, problem solving analysis
- General Awareness: Current events, scientific research, Indian Constitution, Book author Name, General Polity, Economy of India, History, and Important Sports Days.
- Skill test
- Candidates who qualify online test will be eligible for skill test.
- The Stenographer test will be held at Commission’s regional/ sub- regional offices or other centres. It will be further decided by SSC Commission.
- While preparing for the exam, Candidates must practice the speed of Hindi and English dictation speed.
Check out the detailed syllabus for SSC Steno exam here.
- Preparation Tips
While preparing for the exam, candidates must understand exam pattern and be thorough with the syllabus. Be consistent with the learning process. Time management is essential for completing the exam in due time. Practice mock tests to test yourself.
Please don’t miss our other videos by subscribing to our YouTube Channel