SSC JE Exam Details
SSC JE Recruitment 2018 | Recruitment for Junior Engineers – Mechanical, Civil, Electrical
SSC conducts recruitment and selection process for the post of SSC JE (Junior Engineer) in the departments Central Water Commission, CPWD, MES, Department of Post, Farrakka Barrage (Project), Director General Border Roads Organization, Central Water Power Research Station, Dept. Of Quality Assurance (Naval) and National Technical Research Organization.
The posts are open for the aspiring engineers who have pursued their engineering degree or diploma in Electrical, Mechanical or Civil branch specialization. The exam is conducted every year and it is the most promising career opportunity in this competitive field of engineering.
What is SSC JE Age Limit and Eligibility?
- Candidates must be between the age limit of 27-32 years
- For some posts there is a requirement of work experience
- The document verification for age will be done as per mentioned in the Matriculation Certificate or equivalent
For detailed information regarding the other parameters of eligibility criteria and age relaxation, go through SSC JE Age Limit 2018.
How many SSC JE Vacancy in 2018?
|1.||Central Water Commission||Junior Engineer (Civil)|
|2.||Central Water Commission||Junior Engineer (Mechanical)|
|3.||CPWD||Junior Engineer (Civil)|
|4.||CPWD||Junior Engineer (Electrical)|
|5.||Department of Post||Junior Engineer (Civil)|
|MES||Junior Engineer (Electrical & Mechanical)|
|7.||MES||Junior Engineer (Civil)|
(Quantity Surveying & Contract)
|9.||Farrakka Barrage (Project)||Junior Engineer (Civil)|
|10.||Farrakka Barrage (Project)||Junior Engineer (Electrical)|
|11.||Farrakka Barrage (Project)||Junior Engineer (Mechanical)|
|12.||Director General Border Roads Organization||Junior Engineer (Civil)|
|13.||Director General Border Roads Organization||Junior Engineer (Electrical)|
|14.||Director General Border Roads Organization||Junior Engineer (Mechanical)|
|15.||Central Water Power Research Centre||Junior Engineer (Civil)|
|16.||Central Water Power Research Centre||Junior Engineer
|17.||Dte. Of Quality Assurance (Naval)||Junior Engineer (Naval Quantity Assurance)– (Mechanical)|
|18.||Dte. Of Quality Assurance (Naval)||Junior Engineer (Naval Quantity Assurance)– (Electrical)|
|19.||National Technical Research Organization||Junior Engineer (Civil)|
|20.||National Technical Research Organization||Junior Engineer (Electrical)|
|21.||National Technical Research Organization||Junior Engineer (Mechanical)|
For complete details, see SSC JE 2018 Vacancy
For any change in the vacancy details will be intimated to the candidates by publishing on the online website of SSC: Official Website of SSC
What is SSC JE Exam Date?
|Details of Events||Tentative Dates|
|Release of Official Notification||Oct-18|
|Online Application Form Availability||Oct-18|
|Deadline of Online Application||Nov-18|
|Challan Generation and Submission||Nov-18|
|Paper 1 Admit Card||Dec-18|
|Examination Date for Paper 1||Jan-19|
|SSC JE 2018 Paper 1 Result Declaration||Will be Updated Soon|
|Paper 2 Admit Card||Will be Updated Soon|
|Paper 2 Examination Date||Will be Updated Soon|
|SSC JE 2018 Paper 2 Result Declaration||Will be Updated Soon|
For more instructions and detailed procedure, click: SSC JE Exam Date 2018
What is SSC JE Selection Process?
The recruitment and selection process of SSC JE consist of the following stages:
- Online Application Submission
- SSC JE Online Paper 1 or Preliminary Examination
- SSC JE Written Examination, Paper-2 or Mains
- Document Verification
- Post Allotment
Candidates will be shortlisted and recommended for appointment by the Commission on the basis of their total marks in the Paper – I & II and preference for the posts.
For detailed information, click: SSC JE Recruitment Process 2018
What is SSC JE Examination Pattern?
Paper 1 Exam Pattern
|Mode of Examination||Subject||Maximum Marks||Duration & Timings|
|Computer Based Test||General Intelligence and Reasoning||50||2 Hours Morning shift [10.00 AM to 12.00 Noon]
Afternoon Shift [2.00 PM to 4.00 PM]
|Part – A General Engineering (Civil & Structural) Or
Part-B General Engineering (Electrical) Or
Part-C General Engineering (Mechanical)
Paper 2 Exam Pattern
|Mode of exam||Subjects||Total Marks||Time Duration|
|Written||Part-A General Engineering (Civil & Structural) Or
Part- B General Engineering (Electrical) Or
Part-C General Engineering (Mechanical)
For detailed description of each section of examination pattern, click on the following link:
How to Apply Online for SSC JE Exam?
- The online application filling process is consisting of two parts:
- Part 1 Registration
- Part 2 Application
- The online submission of application may be made on website http://ssconline.nic.in
- After successful registration, a page with Registration Number will appear on the screen
- Note down the registration number or take a print out of the page. This number will be required in the part 2 application process
For complete guidelines and detailed description, kindly click on the following link:
Application Fees of SSC JE
The Application Fee is Rupees One Hundred Only i.e. Rs.100 for all the candidates.
The candidates exempted from the payment of fees are as follows:
- Women candidates
- Candidates belonging to:
- Scheduled Caste
- Scheduled Tribe
- Physically Handicapped
- Ex-Servicemen (eligible for reservation)
For complete procedure and details regarding submission of fees, kindly click on the link:
How to Download SSC JE Admit Card?
- Go to the official website of SSC nic.in
- Click on the tab indicating Download Admit Card
- Select SSC JE
- After that a dialogue box will open which will ask you to fill your registration id and password which was provided to the candidates at the time of registration process online
- After successfully logging in, you will be asked to fill in your Name and DOB as per the information provided by you while filling the online application form
- After filling and submitting the information, your admit card will be displayed in pdf format
- You can download the admit card and get it printed so as to carry it with you while coming for the examination
For important dates related to admit card downloading and other important guidelines, click on the mentioned link: SSC JE Admit Card
What is SSC Junior Engineer Salary and Pay Scale?
For department wise pay scale details, job profile and career growth, see the article on SSC JE Salary Details.
SSC JE Online Syllabus
The SSC JE syllabus consists of the following important sections:
- General Intelligence and Reasoning
- General Awareness
- Mechanical Engineering, or
- Civil Engineering, or
- Electrical Engineering, as per the post preference
For detail topics and guidelines regarding the syllabus, go through detailed SSC JE Syllabus.
SSC JE Preparation
- Time allocation is the key to success
- Focusing on the basic and conceptual topics will fetch you good scores
- Dedicated practice of numerical of Civil, Mechanical or Electrical engineering syllabus is a must
- To enhance your problem solving skills, you must practice the previous year question papers
- Speed, accuracy and confidence are the three basic mantras to crack both the Paper-1 and Paper-2 of the SSC JE recruitment process
For more tips and tricks, see the SSC JE Preparation strategy by our experts.
Official Link for SSC JE
The official link for SSC JE Online 2018 is http://ssc.nic.in
Wish you All the Best!
Please don’t miss our other videos by subscribing to our YouTube Channel