SSC CPO SI 2018 Notification Recruitment, Vacancy, Eligibility, Exam Pattern
Staff Selection Commission (SSC) is an organization under Government of India to recruit staff for various posts like SSC CPO SI or in the various Ministries and Departments of the Government of India and in Subordinate Offices.
This commission is an attached office of the Department of Personal Training (DOPT) which consists of Chairman, two Members and a Secretary-cum-Controller of Examinations. His post is equivalent to the level of Additional Secretary to the Government of India.
The vacancies are announced for various posts. Majorly throughout the years, Staff Selection Commission announces Sub-Inspector in Delhi Police, Sub-Inspector in Border Security Force (BSF), Sub-Inspector in Central Industrial Security Force (CISF), Sub-Inspector in Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF), Sub-Inspector in Indo-Tibetan Border Police Force (ITBPF), Sub-Inspector in Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB) and Assistant Sub-Inspector in Central Industrial Security Force (CISF) posts for the Central Police Organization.
SSC CPO Eligibility and Age Limit
Age limit for the post of Sub-Inspector in Delhi Police and CAPFs and Assistant Sub Inspector in CISF is 20-25 years
The upper age limit for the post of Sub Inspector in CAPFs and ASI in CISF is relaxable for Central Government Civilian Employees as per extant Government order
The crucial date of age-limit is reckoned with reference to 01-01-2018
For detailed age limit and eligibility criteria information, click on the following link:
SSC CPO Vacancy Details
In 2018, the tentative vacancies are 1,330, excluding the ASI (Executive) in CISF vacancies. The vacancies for SSC SI CPO 2017 were 2697. Following is the detailed vacancy distribution for 2018:
- Sub-Inspector (GD) in CAPFs – 1073
- Sub-Inspector in Delhi Police (Male) – 97
- Sub-Inspector in Delhi Police (Female) – 53
- Ex Serviceman – 107
- ASI (Executive) in CISF – to be released
For updates and detailed information regarding the SSC CPO vacancy 2018, check CPO Vacancy 2018.
Important Exam Dates for CPO SI Exam
|Release of CPO 2018 Notification||3rd March 2018|
|End of Online registration||2nd April 2018|
|Admit Card for CPO Paper – I||May 2018|
|CPO Tier – I Exam Date||4th – 10th June 2018|
|Result declaration of CPO Tier – I||August 2018|
|PET/PST and Medical Test||September/October 2018|
|SSC CPO Paper – II Admit Card||November 2018|
|Tier – II Exam Date||1st December 2018|
|Declaration Final Result||January 2019|
For detailed information and updated date sheet, check the following link:
SSC CPO Selection Process
The recruitment and selection process contains the following Stages:
- Tier 1 Online Examination
- Physical Endurance Test
- Medical Examination
- Tier 2 Online Examination
- Final Results
- Training and Evaluation
For complete details on each of the Selection stage, click on the following link:
SSC CPO SI Exam Pattern
Exam Pattern for Paper 1
|Sections||Subject||No. of Questions||Max. Marks|
|Part-A||General Intelligence & Reasoning||50||50|
Exam Pattern for Paper 2
|Section||Subject||No. of Questions||Max. Marks|
|1||English Language and Comprehension
Exam Pattern for Physical Efficiency(Endurance) Test(PET) (For all posts)
For male candidates only:
- 100 meters race in 16 seconds
- 6 Kms race in 6.5 minutes
- Long Jump: 65 meters in 3 chances
- High Jump: 1.2 meters in 3 chances
- Shot put (16 Lbs.): 4.5 meters in 3 chances
For female candidates only:
- 100 meters race in 18 seconds
- 800 meters race in 4 minutes
- Long Jump: 2.7 meters (9 feet) in 3 chances.
- High Jump: 0.9 meters (3 feet) in 3 chances.
For detailed description of the examination pattern, click on the following link:
SSC CPO Online Application Procedure
- The online application will be available at website http://ssconline.nic.in
- The filling of online application contains two parts: Online Registration Part (In case not registered earlier) and Application Part
- The registration facility is available to the candidates throughout the year on website http://ssc.nic.in
- After successful registration, one-time registration number will be given which is the permanent database of candidates.
- Online application form can be filled by entering the Registration ID and password provided in the one-time registration process.
- After that al the details in the application form must be filled regarding the qualification code, name, address, examination center code etc.
- Submit and select the payment mode
For complete details regarding the online application procedure, click on the following link:
Application Fee for SSC CPO
The online application fees is Rupees 100.
Fee is exempted for all women candidates and candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste, Scheduled Tribe, and Ex-Servicemen eligible for reservation as per extant Government Orders.
For the detailed process of the submission of the application fee, click on the following link:
Admit Card Details
Important dates related to admit card download is as follows:
|Admit Card||Tentative Date|
|Paper – I Admit Card||May 2018|
|Tier – I Exam Date||4th – 10th June 2018|
|Paper – II Admit Card||November 2018|
|Examination Date for Tier – II||1st December 2018|
|Declaration Final Result||January 2019|
Admit Card for CPO 2018To download your admit card, click on the link below:
Pay Scale for SSC CPO SI
|Sub Inspector(Executive) – (Male/ Female)
|Delhi Police||Group ‘C’ (Non Gazetted)||6||Rs.35400-112400/-|
|Sub-Inspector (GD) in CAPFs
|Central armed Police Forces||Group ‘B’ (Non Gazetted), Non-Ministerial||6||Rs.35400-112400/-|
|Assistant Sub- inspector (Executive)||CISF||Group ‘C’ (Non Gazetted)||5||Rs.29200-92300)|
For detailed salary of and work profile, see article on CPO Salary.
Syllabus for SSC CPO
The syllabus of Paper-1 of the online examination contains four sections namely:
- General Intelligence and Reasoning
- Quantitative Aptitude
- English Proficiency
- General Awareness
The syllabus of Paper-2 only contains English Language and Comprehension.
For detailed information regarding the complete syllabus, click on the following link:
SSC CPO Preparation
- Time management
- Careful before ticking any of the answers
- Analyze your strong areas and weak areas
- Daily practice
- Do not rely upon single source of study material
- Practice more Previous Year Question Papers
SSC CPO Official Links
The official website for SSC CPO SI 2018 is http://ssc.nic.in.
Please don’t miss our other videos by subscribing to our YouTube Channel