SBI Clerk 2018
SBI Clerk 2018 – Recruitment Notification Out for 8,301 Vacancies
SBI Clerk 2018 Recruitment Notification is out on 19th Jan, 2018. The application start date is 20 Jan, 2018 and registration will end on 10 Feb, 2018. SBI is one of the reputed government banks and the first choice of every candidate . For such candidates it is preferred that SBI Clerk 2018 is the best way to start your banking career in one of the most reputed banks of India.
We will discuss everything about SBI Clerk Recruitment 2018 here like – Eligibility, Exam pattern , Selection process , Exam Dates and Application procedures. Here we will enlighten you with every possible detail required for your on-going preparation. We suggest you to read the complete article below to clear your doubts.
Some important information about the Exam:
- The exam is conducted in two phases – preliminary exam followed by Mains exam (both conducted online)
- All the sections of prelims and mains (except English language sections) are bilingual
- Negative marking of 0.25 or 1/4th mark of the marks assigned to a question
- For the first time, sectional time has been introduced in the SBI Clerk Prelims exam. You will get 20 minutes for each section this time.
- Sectional cut offs have been removed from both prelims and Mains exam
- Only Mains exam score is considered for final merit calculation.
To Download the Notification Click On the link Below
SBI Clerk 2018 Vacancy details
Total number of 8,301 vacancies has been released. Out of these 7,200 are fresh vacancies and 1,101 are the backlog vacancies. Additionally, 1332 vacancies are also there for PWD and ExSM. There were around 17,000 vacancies in SBI Clerk 2016.
|SBI Clerk Regular Vacancies||Backlog Vacancies|
|Circle||Category Vacancy Details||Category Vacancy Details|
See detailed SBI Clerk Vacancy details.
SBI Clerk 2018 Eligibility Criteria
Educational Qualification (As on 01.01.2018)
- A graduation degree in any discipline from a recognized University by the Government of India or an equivalent qualification.
- IT MUST BE NOTED THAT A FINAL YEAR CANDIDATE CAN ALSO APPLY SBI CLERK 2018, but you have to submit the documents during the time of your interview.
Age Limit (As on 01.01.2018)
The upper age limit for SBI CLERK 2018 is 28 years and the lower age limit is 20 years. See the table below for the age relaxation of various categories.
|Ex-servicemen||28 + years of service in defence + 3 years (subject to maximum age of 50 years)|
|Widows and divorced women||Age limit is 35 for general, 38 for OBC, 40 for SC/ST|
|Domiciles of J&K||5|
For more detailed information, please see SBI Clerk age limit.
- The candidate should be the citizen of India
- A subject of Bhutan or Nepal OR
- A Tibetan refugee who came to India before 1962 with the intention of permanently settling down in India
SBI Clerk 2018 – Important Dates
The notification for the SBI Clerk 2018 will most probably be announced in the month of March 2018. The recruitment process will be detailed in the notification provided by the bank in their official link under the career section of the SBI. Candidates must keep in mind that they must start their preparation prior to the notification released by the bank. Starting ahead will keep you one step ahead of the other candidates appearing for the exam and will let you to achieve your target.
|Release of SBI Clerk Notification 2018||19 Jan, 2018|
|Online Registration Start Date||20 Jan, 2018|
|Online Registration End Date||10 Feb, 2018|
|Download of Prelims Admit Card||3 Mar, 2018|
|Exam Date for SBI Clerk Prelims||Mar/ Apr, 2018|
|SBI Clerk prelims result||April, 2018|
|Download of SBI Clerk Mains Admit Card||26 Apr, 2018|
|Exam Date for SBI Clerk Mains exam||12 May, 2018|
|SBI Clerk Result of Mains exam||June, 2018|
Keep yourself updated with the SBI Clerk calendar by going through SBI Clerk exam date.
SBI Clerk Selection Process 2018
The most important part of the exam is the selection process. You need not to worry about it. We will provide every detail with vivid description below.
The SBI hold the exam for the clerical level in three phases as shown in the table below:
|1||Preliminary Exam||Online||Objective||Qualifying exam for next phase|
|2||Mains Exam||Online||Objective||Considered for final merit|
|3||Test of Official Language||Offline||Qualifying and required if you have not studied the language at 10th level|
See more details on SBI Clerk Selection Process.
SBI Clerk 2018 – Exam Pattern (New Pattern)
The exam pattern is as follows-
(i) Preliminary Exam
The preliminary exam is qualifying in nature only, it’s score will not be counted for the final selection of the candidate. However you need to score a minimum marks to be called in for the mains exam. The pattern for prelims exam is as follows –
|Section||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks||Score||Time|
|English Language||30||30||+1 for correct answer and -0.25 incorrect answer||20 minutes|
Negative Marking: 25% or 1/4th of marks assigned to a question
- There is NO sectional cut off
- There is sectional time as shown above.
- Language: Bilingual (Hindi + English) except for English Language section
Adequate number of candidates in each category as decided by the Bank (approximately 10 times the no. of vacancies, subject to availability) will be short listed for the Mains Exam by arranging candidates in the descending order of their aggregate marks.
(ii) Mains Exam
The mains exam is the most important part of the selection process. Candidates must keep in mind that final merit will be prepared on the basis of the score achieved in the mains exam. Therefore the role of the mains exam is important in deciding the rank of the candidates.This time the sectional cut-off has been removed from SBI Clerk Mains Exam as well.
The pattern for the mains exam is as follows-
|Section||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks||Time|
|Quantitative Aptitude||50||50||45 minutes|
|Reasoning Ability and Computer||50||60||45 minutes|
|English Language||40||40||35 minutes|
|General Awareness / Financial Awareness||50||50||35 minutes|
|Total||190||200||2 hours 40 minutes|
- Negative Marking: 25% or 1/4th of marks assigned to a question
- There is NO sectional cut off
- Sectional time: Yes
- Language: Bilingual (Hindi+English) except for English language section
(iii) Test Of Official/Local Language For SBI Clerk Recruitment
Since you are applying for the post of clerical cadre it is mandatory to know the official or local language of the place you are filling as your job destination in the application form. Candidates claiming to have studied the local language / official language in their 10th standards will have to produce the mark sheet language in their 10th standards. If you have not studied it at 10th level, then you will have to appear for a simple language test. Candidates failing to qualify the language test will be de-barred from the reputed job of SBI Clerk.
For more details you can read SBI Clerk exam pattern 2018.
SBI Clerk 2018 Application Process
- Click on direct link provided above (the link will be active from 20th Jan 2018)
- Alternatively, you can also visit official website of SBI. Then click on ‘Join SBI’ -> ‘Current Openings’. Click on the link to apply.
- Read the instructions and fill the application form
- You will receive a registration ID and password. Save them for future use.
- Fill all the necessary details carefully without mistakes.
- Upload scanned copy of photograph and your signature
- Pay fees online and take printout of the application form
- You will get a confirmation SMS/ e-mail on your registered mobile no. Or email.
Also see the details SBI Clerk Apply Online Process so as not to make any mistake while filling the application form and to see the complete guidelines for form-filling.
SBI Clerk 2018 Application Fee
The application fees is as follows-
- 100 for the SC/ST candidates.
- 600 for all other candidates.
Find the detailed information on SBI Clerk online fee.
SBI Clerk 2018 Admit Card
The admit card for the SBI clerk 2018 will be published on the official site of the SBI.
Candidates are required to fill in their username and password which they used for applying in the bank to download the admit card for their preliminary exam.
SBI Clerk 2018 Admit Card for prelims will be released on 3rd March, 2018. The admit card for SBI Clerk Mains will be released on 26 April, 2018.
Download your SBI Clerk Admit Card here.
SBI Clerk Salary
- The starting salary is Rs 11,765
- Annual increment for 3 years is Rs 655 after which your salary will be Rs 13,730 at the end of 3 years
- Increment of Rs 815 for next 3 years after which the salary will be Rs 16,175.
- Rs 20,095 after another 4 years.
- After another 7 years, your salary will be Rs 28,110 and so on.
- Maximum salary that can be reached is Rs 31,450 per month.
Also see more details about SBI Clerk Salary.
SBI Clerk syllabus 2018
The syllabus for the SBI Clerk 2018 is same as all other competitive exams. It comprises of Quantitative Aptitude, Logical Reasoning, English Language which consists of grammars and paragraphs. For detailed syllabus please see SBI Clerk Syllabus.
SBI Clerk 2018 Preparation
Candidates should notice that the level of SBI Clerk exam is lower than the SBI PO exam but this does not mean that you should take it lightly. You should always keep in mind that the vacancy in the banking sector is reducing and the competition is increasing. Hence one should start their preparation right now. See how to prepare for SBI Clerk exam 2018 and kick-start your preparation. Also see the best SBI Clerk books and download the previous year papers for your practice.
WISHING YOU ALL THE BEST
Please don’t miss our other videos by subscribing to our YouTube Channel