NICL AO Exam Details
NICL AO 2018 – Recruitment Notification, Application, Exam pattern
NICL AO is a known exam among the banking aspirants. Along with the banking sector candidates prefers Insurance Company like NICL AO as their target and this is the best time to give a head start to your NICL AO career in reputed Insurance Company.
The official notification has not been released yet, and is expected to release in March 2018. Here, we will discuss everything about NICL AO recruitment 2018, like NICL AO Eligibility, NICL AO Exam pattern , Selection process, Exam Dates and Application procedures. Here we will enlighten you with every possible details required for your preparation. Below certain details are mentioned about the exam which is very important for the candidates and hence you must read it to clear your doubts regarding the Insurance Company exam of India.
Some important information about the Exam:
- The exam is conducted in the Month of May-June 2018, while its Forms are needed to be filled by second week of March.
- Conducted in three phases – preliminary exam followed by Mains exam (both conducted online) in addition with the Descriptive test and Interview
- All the sections of prelims and mains (except English language sections) are bilingual
- Negative marking of 0.25 or 1/4th mark of the marks assigned to a question
- Mains exam score is considered for final merit calculation.
Check if you are eligible for NICL AO 2018
What is the Educational Qualification required for AO Exam?
- Minimum qualification of a Graduate/Post Graduate in any discipline from a recognized University with at least 60% marks in either of the degree examination (at least 55% for SC/ST) candidates.
- Qualifications mentioned should be from UGC / AICTE recognized Indian Universities.
- The percentage of marks shall be arrived at by dividing the total marks obtained by the aspirant in all the subjects in all semester(s)/year(s) by aggregate maximum marks in all the subjects irrespective of honours/optional/additional optional subject, if any. This will be applicable for those Universities also where Class/Grade is decided on basis of Honours marks only. The fraction of percentage so arrived will be ignored i.e. 59.99% will be treated as less than 60%.
- Where CGPA/OGPA are awarded, the candidate will have to produce a certificate issued by the appropriate authority stating the norms of the University regarding conversion of grade into percentage and the percentage of marks scored by the candidate in terms of norms.
What is the Age Limit for NICL AO 2018?
The upper age limit for NICL AO 2018 is 30 years and the lower age limit is 21 years however do see the table below for the age relaxation of various categories.
|Existing confirmed employees of Public Sector General Insurance Companies (including GIC & Agriculture
Insurance Company of India Ltd.)
|Domiciles of J&K||5|
i. In case of a candidate who is eligible for relaxation under more than one of the above categories, the age relaxation will be available on a cumulative basis subject to the maximum age not exceeding 45 years except Ex-servicemen
- Candidates seeking age relaxation will be required to submit copies of necessary certificate(s) and produce the original certificate(s) for verification at the time of interview and/or any subsequent stage of recruitment process.
- The candidate should be the citizen of India
- A subject of Bhutan or Nepal OR
- A Tibetan refugee who came to India before 1962 with the intention of permanently settling down in India
NICL AO 2018 – Important Dates
The notification for the NICL AO 2018 will most probably be announced in the month of March 2018. The recruitment process will be detailed in the notification provided by the NICL AO in their official link. Candidates must keep in mind that they must start their preparation prior to the notification released by the NICL AO. Starting ahead will keep you one step ahead of the other candidates appearing for the exam and will let you to achieve your target.
|Release of NICL AO Notification||March 2018|
|Start of On-line registration||Second week of March|
|Download NICL AO Admit Card for prelims exam||10 days prior to exam|
|NICL AO Preliminary Exam Date||May-June 2018|
|Declaration of NICL AO Prelims Exam Result||Within 2 weeks after the exam|
|Download NICL AO Mains Admit Card||June 2018|
|NICL AO Mains Exam||July-18|
|Declaration of NICL AO Mains Exam Result||Within 2 week after the exam|
|Download of call letter for Interview||September-October 2018|
|Declaration of Final Result||November-December 2018|
What is the selection process for NICL AO 2018?
The most important part of the exam is the selection process. You need not to worry about it, we will provide every details with vivid description below.
The Company holds the exam for the officer level in three phases as shown in the table below:
|1||Preliminary Exam||Online||Objective||Qualifying exam for next phase|
|2||Mains Exam +Descriptive Test||Online||Objective +Subjective||Considered for final merit (only Mains exam)|
|3||Interview||Offline||Considered for final selection|
What is the NICL AO Exam Pattern 2018 ?
The exam pattern of the exam is as follows-
(i) PRELIMINARY EXAM
The preliminary exam is qualifying in nature only, it’s score will not be counted for the final selection of the candidate. However you need to score a minimum marks to be called in for the mains exam. The subjects for the main exam are as follows –
|Section||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks||Score||Time|
|English Language||30||30||+1 for correct answer and -0.25 incorrect answer||Composite time of 1 hour|
It must be noted that the preliminary examination is online based computer exam. With 0.25 marks for each wrong answer and 1 marks to be awarded for each correct answer.
- MAINS EXAMINATION
The mains exam is the most important part of the selection process. Candidates must keep in mind that their mains score will be calculated on the basis of their performance in the exam, it must be kept in mind that the final merit will be prepared on the basis of the score achieved in the mains exam. Therefore the role of the mains exam is important in deciding the rank of the candidates. The pattern for the mains exam is as follows-
|Reasoning Ability||40||40||120 minutes only||English/Hindi|
|Descriptive Test||03||30||30 Minutes||English|
After the Mains exam and the Descriptive exams candidates are required to appear for the Interview which will be scheduled later and will be notified through the official links. For more details on the books to study please refer to NICL AO exam books.
What is the NICL AO 2018- Application Process?
Given below is the step by step process to apply for NICL AO 2018 :
- Visit official website of NICL
- Click on the link “Apply Online”
- Read the instructions and fill the application form
- Upload scanned copy of photograph and your signature
- Pay fees online and take printout of the application form
- You will get a confirmation SMS/ e-mail on your registered mobile no. Or email.
Also see the details NICL AO Apply Online Process so as not to make any mistake while filling the application form.
What is the NICL AO 2018 application fee?
The application fees for several categories is as follows-
- 100 for the SC/ST candidates.
- 600 for all other candidates.
How to download NICL AO 2018 Admit Card?
The admit card for the NICL AO 2018 will be published on the official site of the NICL.
Candidates are required to fill in their username and password which they used for applying in the NICL AO to download the admit card for their preliminary exam.
The admit card is typically released two week prior to the date of the exam. Hence we will keep you notified for NICL AO 2018 ADMIT CARD
How much salary an NICL AO will get? NICL AO 2018 Salary
- Basic pay of Rs. 32,795 /- in the scale of Rs. 32795-1610(14)-55335-1745(4)-62315
- Total emoluments will be approximately Rs.51 ,000/- p.m. in Metropolitan City
The above salary is not revised according to the latest 7th pay commission of the government, and the above mentioned salary is inclusive of HRA, DA and any other emoluments.
What is the NICL AO syllabus 2018?
The syllabus for the NICL AO 2018 is same as all other competitive exams it comprises of Quantitative Aptitude, Logical Reasoning, English Language which consists of grammars and paragraphs. We have compiled the detailed syllabus for NICL AO, to check please see NICL AO Syllabus.
What is the NICL AO 2018- Preparation Strategy?
Candidates should prepare according to the level of NICL AO exam and should always keep in mind that with the upcoming year the vacancy in the NICL AO sector might be reducing and the competition is increasing. Hence one should start their preparation right now and if not started yet than read this detailed article on NICL AO preparation 2018.
WISHING YOU ALL THE BEST
For any queries please reach out to our ExamFormula experts @ email@example.com
Please don’t miss our other videos by subscribing to our YouTube Channel