In this post, we are going to look at some Important Vocabulary Words – ‘The Hindu’ Editorial (30th March 2018). These are very helpful for Banking and other competitive exams.
These words have been taken from an Editorial of “The Hindu” newspaper and the name of the article is:
“Testing exam: restoring trust in the CBSE exam process”
Important Vocabulary Words – ‘The Hindu’ Editorial (30th March 2018)
- Erosion (noun) :the gradual destruction of something. (अपक्षरण)
Synonyms: Corrosion, abrasion
Antonyms: Rebuilding, strengthening
Example: Acid rain has caused severe erosion on the hillside.
- Credibility (noun):established firmly and securely. (विश्वसनीयता)
Synonyms: Reliability, trustworthiness, integrity
Antonyms: Implausibility, deceit, incredibility
Example: There is a credibility gap developing between employers and employees.
- Strenuous(adjective) :requiring or using great effort. (ज़ोरदार)
Synonyms: Arduous, demanding, stiff, formidable
Antonyms: Easy, trivial
Example: Avoid strenuous exercise immediately after a meal.
- Breach (verb) :a failure to perform some promised act or obligation. (उल्लंघन)
Synonyms: rapture, crack
Antonyms: agreement, closure
Example: They were sued for breach of contract.
- Sanctity (noun) :the state or quality of being holy, sacred, or saintly. (पवित्रता)
Synonyms: Holiness, divinity, inviolability
Antonyms: irreverence, evilness, wickedness
Example: We should not violate the sanctity of the institution.
- Vulnerable (adjective) : exposed to the possibility of being attacked or harmed. (भेद्य)
Synonyms: defenceless, exposed, susceptible
Antonyms: guarded, protected, safe
Example: Old people are particularly vulnerable to the flu.
- Scramble (noun) :a disorganized struggle. (संघर्ष करना)
Synonyms: Struggle, tussle
Antonyms: peace, order
Example: There was a mad scramble for the best seats.
- Alleviate (verb) :make (suffering, deficiency, or a problem) less severe. (कम करना)
Synonyms: allay, assuage, ease
Antonyms: intensify, worsen
Example: The doctor gave her an injection to alleviate the pain.
Hope you liked Important Vocabulary Words – ‘The Hindu’ Editorial (30th March 2018). Please keep yourself updated to learn important vocabulary and try to use these words so you can remember them for long time.
All the best!
Please don’t miss our other videos by subscribing to our YouTube Channel