IBPS PO 2018 (Exam Details)
IBPS PO 2018 – Notification, Exam Pattern, Previous year Paper
IBPS PO is a national-level recruitment exam for the post of Probationary Officers (PO) and Management Trainees (MT) in public sector banks of India. IBPS PO recruitment is completed in three phases: Prelims, Mains & the Interview round.
The online application form of IBPS PO 2018 is expected to be released in August 2018 after the official notification release. The Prelim exam would be conducted in October, followed by the Mains in November.
IBPS PO 2018: In a glance
|IBPS PO Full Form||Institute of Banking Personnel Selection- Probationary Officers Exam|
|Conducting Authority||IBPS (Institute of Banking Personnel Selection)|
|Posts Offered||Probationary Officer (PO) / Management Trainee (MT)|
|Number of seats offered||3000+|
|Allowances & Benefits||DA, HRA, CCA, Special allowance, etc|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Mode of Exam||Online (Computer Based Test)|
|IBPS PO Help Desk||1800 222 366/ 1800 103 4566|
Job profile of a Probationary Officer
Every year, IBPS has around 3000+ vacant seats to be filled through this Common Written Exam, called the Probationary Officer Exam. The post of a PO is a promising career in terms of job security and monetary benefits. The candidates qualified for the post are placed in Junior Management Grade Scale – I after selection. This involves a probation period of 1-2 years to learn the practical aspects of banking.
How many Vacant Seats?
A total of 20 banks are expected to fill more than 3000 seats through IBPS PO this year. IBPS PO 2018 vacancies will vary according to the participating banks and the category of candidate.
Eligibility Criteria for IBPS PO 2018- Who can apply?
- Indian National or a citizen of Nepal or Bhutan or Tibetan Refugee who have settled in India.
- Migrated candidates from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, The United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of settling in India
- Educational Qualification
- Graduation degree in any discipline
- Final year graduation students
- Age Criteria
- Minimum age- 20 years
- Upper age limit- 30 years
- Relaxation of age for reserved category candidates
Important Dates for IBPS PO 2018
Since the official notification is not out, we have prepared a tentative schedule of IBPS PO 2018 Exam Dates. We will update the official dates once they are released.
|Release of Notification||August 10, 2018|
|Registration-Start & End||August 16- September 5, 2018|
|Pre-Exam Training||September 23 – 29, 2018|
|Prelims Exam||October 7, 8, 14 and 15, 2018|
|Prelims Result||October 2018|
|Mains Exam||November 26, 2018|
|Mains Result||December 2018|
|IBPS PO Interview||January/ February 2019|
|Provisional Allotment||April 2019|
IBPS PO Selection Procedure
There are three main stages to clear in order to get selected through IBPS PO which are stated as follows.
- Prelims- It is an objective exam which is only qualifying in nature i.e. its marks will not be added in the merit list. There are 3 sections and the time duration given to solve 100 questions is 60 Minutes.
- Mains- Candidates clearing the overall and sectional cutoff of Prelims will appear for this stage. It has both objective and descriptive questions.
- Interview- Candidates clearing Mains have to appear for the Interview stage. It is of total 100 marks. Marks required for qualifying for this round is 40 (for general) and 35 for OBC/SC/ST/PWD candidates. Candidates will be selected on the basis of the 80:20 ratios of Mains & Interview.
A candidate qualifying all the stages of this IBPS PO Selection Procedure, is entitled for a job of a Probationary Officer.
IBPS PO 2018 Exam Pattern
IBPS PO consist of 3 main stages- Prelims, Mains and Interview. Each stage carries a different pattern and syllabus. Before beginning with your preparation, a comprehensive knowledge of IBPS PO Exam Pattern is important. Given below is the pattern for all three stages:
|Specifications||IBPS PO Prelims||IBPS PO Mains||IBPS PO Interview|
|Sections||Reasoning ability, Quantitative Aptitude and English Language||Reasoning Ability, Quantitative Aptitude, English Language, General Awareness (with special reference to banking), Computer Knowledge||–|
|Time duration||1 hour||140 minutes with sectional timings||Variable|
|Marking scheme||0.25||0.25||Not applicable|
|Normalization method||Applicable||Applicable||Not applicable|
- Prelims- This paper is conducted in online mode. It consists of 100 objective questions. Each question carries 1 mark. Also, for every wrong answer, ¼ mark would be deducted. It must be noted that IBPS PO Prelims is only qualifying in nature.
- Mains- This paper is also conducted in online mode. It has a mix of objective and subjective questions. Sectional cutoff and timings ply in the Mains exam.
- Interview- The interview round will carry a weightage of 100 marks. This is the final stage in the selection process of IBPS PO exam. It carries 20% weightage in the selection process.
How can you apply to IBPS PO 2018 Application?
The process for IBPS PO Application Form is online. There is a single registration window for Prelims and Mains exam. If you satisfy the eligibility criteria, you can register by following these easy steps given below.
- Registration- On the official website, enter the basic details to receive registration number and password.
- Upload Documents- Re-login to your account and upload scanned copies of photograph and signature.
- Fill Application Form- Enter your personal and academic details.
- Pay the fee- For reserved category, the fee is INR 100. For other categories, it is INR 600. Payment can be made via credit card/ debit card/ mobile wallet/ net banking.
IBPS PO Call Letter-How to Download?
The steps to download IBPS PO Admit Card are given below:
Step 1: Visit the official website of IBPS.
Step 2: Follow the link to download IBPS PO Admit Card 2017
Step 3: Enter the provisional ID and Password received during the IBPS PO Application Process.
Step 4: Verify the details on the IBPS Admit card
Step 5: Print multiple copies
Note: The Admit card will be different for the pre-exam training, preliminary and main examination.
Syllabus for IBPS PO 2018
There is no official syllabus for IBPS PO. However, on the basis of previous year papers, we have jotted down the most important and frequent topics.
|Quantitative ability||Simplification, Number Series, Ratio & Proportion, Percentage & Averages, Profit & Loss, Mixtures & Allegations|
|Reasoning ability||Seating Arrangement, Syllogism, Input Output, Coding Decoding, Alphanumeric Series, Ranking/Direction/Alphabet test, Data sufficiency, Puzzle, Logical Reasoning|
|English language||Reading Comprehension, Fill in the blanks, Error Spotting, Sentence Correction, Para Jumbles|
|General awareness||Banking & Financial Awareness, Current Affairs, Static GK|
|Computer awareness||Fundamentals of Computer, History of Computer, Internet MS Office, Input Output devices, Computer Shortcuts|
- Quantitative Aptitude by R.S. Aggarwal
- Guide to Banking
- General Awareness by R. Gupta
- Objective Computer Knowledge & Literacy by Kiran Publications
- Essential English Grammar by Murphy
- Verbal- Non Verbal Reasoning by R.S. Aggarwal
IBPS PO 2018 Result Announcement
After the exam of Prelims is successfully conducted, the result for IBPS Prelims will be declared and the shortlisted candidates from Prelims round will be called for the next round, i.e. Mains Exam. The exam is scheduled in November 2018 and results for the same will be announced in the last week of November 2018.
IBPS PO Result for Main will be released on the official website of IBPS. Again, shortlisted candidates will be called for the final round i.e. Interview. The selected candidates will then be appointed to the respective banks as per their final scores.
Candidates who have applied for the post of Probationary Officer (PO) will undergo an Interview conducted by the IBPS. Candidates will be shortlisted on the basis of their performance in the preliminary and main exam. Candidates who will score the necessary marks in the prelims & the main exam will be invited for the Interview Round.
Expected IBPS PO Cutoff 2018
The cutoff for IBPS PO Prelims will release in October, followed by the Mains cutoff in December. Candidates securing the minimum set cutoff marks will appear for the next selection round. They have to clear the overall and sectional cutoff separately.
The expected cutoff prepared on the basis of the previous years’ cutoff is given below:
Salary Structure of a Probationary Officer
At the initial level, the basic pay or the IBPS PO Salary is around INR INR 37,360 – INR 38,700. Apart from this, employees enjoy Annual increment, Dearness Allowance, City Compensatory Allowance, House Rent Allowance etc. Added perks include leased accommodation, travelling allowances, medical aid, etc.
Please don’t miss our other videos by subscribing to our YouTube Channel