IBPS Clerk Exam Details
IBPS Clerk 2017 Exam pattern, Vacancy, Selection Criteria, Eligibility
IBPS Clerk exam is conducted by Indian Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS) for recruitment in various nationalized banks in India for clerical posts. The exam is conducted in 2 phases – IBPS Clerk Prelims and IBPS Clerk Mains. IBPS CWE Clerk is one of the most important exams for those who want to apply for clerical posts in the Banks. The IBPS Clerk 2017 notification is already out and 7,883 posts have been announced by IBPS.
We will discuss here everything about IBPS Clerk 2017 exam such as IBPS Clerk eligibility criteria, IBPS Clerk exam pattern, IBPS Clerk vacancies, IBPS Clerk important dates, IBPS Clerk selection procedure, application procedure and so on. Go through the entire post for complete details. You may also refer the official notification by clicking on the link below
IBPS is an autonomous body which conducts exams for various posts each year. IBPS Clerk 2017 Notification has been released notifying all the details related to this exam. In this article we are providing you all the relevant details of this exam.
According to the IBPS Clerk 2017 Notification, total number of tentative vacancies this year is 7338 for clerical posts in various participating banks.
Which banks are a part of IBPS Clerk exams?
|Allahabad Bank||Canara Bank||Indian Overseas Bank||UCO Bank|
|Andhra Bank||Central Bank of India||Oriental Bank of Commerce||Union Bank of India|
|Bank of Baroda||Corporation Bank||Punjab National Bank||United Bank of India|
|Bank of India||Dena Bank||Punjab & Sind Bank||Vijaya Bank|
|Bank of Maharashtra||Indian Bank||Syndicate Bank|
When is the IBPS Clerk 2017-18 exam scheduled? When is the IBPS Clerk exam result is expected.
|On-line registration including Edit/Modification of Application by candidates||12.09.2017 to 03.10.2017|
|Payment of Application Fees/Intimation Charges (Online)||12.09.2017 to 03.10.2017|
|Download of call letters for Pre-Exam Training||November 2017|
|Conduct of Pre-Exam Training||13.11.2017 to 18.11.2017|
|Download of call letters for Online examination – Preliminary||November 2017|
|Online Examination – Preliminary||02.12.2017, 03.12.2017, 09.12.2017 & 10.12.2017|
|Result of Online exam – Preliminary||December 2017|
|Download of Call letter for Online exam – Main||January 2018|
|Online Examination – Main||21.01.2018|
|Provisional Allotment||April 2018|
Am I eligible for upcoming IBPS Clerk 2017 Exam?
Candidates, intending to apply for CWE Clerks-VII should ensure that they fulfil the minimum eligibility criteria specified as per IBPS Clerk 2017 Notification. Check detailed IBPS Clerk exam criteria.
- Nationality / Citizenship:
A candidate must be either –
(i) a Citizen of India or
(ii) a subject of Nepal or
(iii) a subject of Bhutan or
(iv) a Tibetan Refugee who came over to India before 1st January 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India or
(v) a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania (formerly Tanganyika and Zanzibar), Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India, Provided that a candidate belonging to categories (ii), (iii), (iv) & (v) above shall be a person in whose favour a certificate of eligibility has been issued by the Government of India.
2. Age (As on 01.09.2017):
Minimum: 20 years Maximum: 28 years
i.e. A candidate must have been born not earlier than 02.09.1989 and not later than 01.09.1997 (both dates inclusive)
Relaxation of Upper age limit
|Sr. No.||Category||Age relaxation|
|1||Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe||5 years|
|2||Other Backward Classes (Non-Creamy Layer)||3 years|
|3||Persons With Disabilities||10 years|
|4||Ex-Servicemen / Disabled Ex-Servicemen||Actual period of service rendered in the defence forces + 3 years (8 years for Disabled Ex-Servicemen belonging to SC/ST) subject to a maximum age limit of 50 years|
|5||Widows, divorced women and women legally separated from their husbands who have not remarried||9 years|
|6||Persons ordinarily domiciled in the State of Jammu & Kashmir during the period 01.01.1980 to 31.12.1989||5 years|
|7||Persons affected by 1984 riots||5 years|
|8||Regular employees of the Union Carbide Factory, Bhopal retrenched from service (Applicable to Madhya Pradesh state only)||5 years|
3. Educational Qualifications:
- A Degree (Graduation) in any discipline from a University recognised by the Govt. Of India or any equivalent qualification recognized as such by the Central Government. The candidate must possess valid Mark-sheet / Degree Certificate that he/ she is a graduate on the day he / she registers and indicate the percentage of marks obtained in Graduation while registering online.
- Computer Literacy: Operating and working knowledge in computer systems is mandatory i.e. candidates should have Certificate/Diploma/Degree in computer operations/Language/ should have studied Computer / Information Technology as one of the subjects in the High School/College/Institute.
- Proficiency in the Official Language of the State/UT (candidates should know how to read/ write and speak the Official Language of the State/UT) for which vacancies a candidate wishes to apply is preferable.
- Ex-Servicemen who do not possess the above civil examination qualifications should be matriculate Ex-Servicemen who have obtained the Army Special Certificate of Education or corresponding certificate in the Navy or Air Force after having completed not less than 15 years of service in the Armed Forces of the Union as on 03.10.2017. Such certificates should be dated on or before 03.10.2017.
(1) All the educational qualifications mentioned should be from a University/ Institution/ Board recognised by Govt. Of India/ approved by Govt. Regulatory Bodies and the final result should have been declared on or before 03.10.2017. Proper document from Board / University for having declared the result on or before 03.10.2017 has to be submitted at the time of joining. The date of passing the eligibility examination will be the date appearing on the mark-sheet or provisional certificate issued by University/ Institute. In case the result of a particular examination is posted on the website of the University/ Institute and web based certificate is issued then proper document/certificate in original issued and signed by the appropriate authority of the University/ Institute indicating the date of passing properly mentioned thereon will be reckoned for verification and further process.
(2) Candidate should indicate the percentage obtained in Graduation calculated to the nearest two decimals in the online application. Where CGPA / OGPA is awarded, the same should be converted into percentage and indicated in online application. The candidate will have to produce a certificate issued by the appropriate authority inter alia stating that the norms of the University regarding conversion of grade into percentage and the percentage of marks scored by the candidate in terms of norms.
(3) Calculation of Percentage: The percentage marks shall be arrived at by dividing the total marks obtained by the candidate in all the subjects in all semester(s)/year(s) by aggregate maximum marks (in all the subjects irrespective of honours / optional / additional optional subject, if any) multiplied by 100. This will be applicable for those Universities also where Class / Grade is decided on basis of Honours marks only.
The fraction of percentage so arrived will be ignored i.e. 59.99% will be treated as less than 60% and 54.99% will be treated as less than 55%.
IBPS CLERK 2017 Selection Procedure
The selection procedure for IBPS CWE Clerk 2017 is comprised of two stages – Prelims exam and mains exam. The prelims exam is qualifying in nature. Students who clear prelims exam (clear sectional and overall cut-offs) will be eligible to sit in the Mains examination. The score in Mains exam is considered for final merit.
|1||Preliminary Exam||Online||Objective||Qualifying exam for next level|
|2||Mains Exam||Online||Objective||Considered for final merit|
Note: Final selection is based on performance in the Mains exam.
IBPS CLERK 2017 Exam Pattern
The structure of the Examinations which will be conducted online are as follows:
|Sr. No.||Sections||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks||Composite Time Allotted|
2. Mains Examination Pattern as per IBPS Clerk 2017 Notification
|Sr. No.||Sections||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks||Time allotted for each test (Separately timed)|
|1||General/ Financial Awareness||50||50||35 minutes|
|2||General English||40||40||35 minutes|
|3||Reasoning Ability & Computer Aptitude||50||60||45 minutes|
|4||Quantitative Aptitude||50||50||45 minutes|
- Penalty for Wrong Answers (Applicable to both – Preliminary and Main examination)
There will be penalty for wrong answers marked in the Objective Tests. For each question for which a wrong answer has been given by the candidate one fourth or 0.25 of the marks assigned to that question will be deducted as penalty to arrive at corrected score. If a question is left blank, i.e. no answer is marked by the candidate, there will be no penalty for that question.
III . Scores
- The corrected scores obtained by each of the candidates in different sessions (if held) will be normalized using equi-percentile method.
- Scores up to two decimal points shall be taken for the purpose of calculations
- Cut-off Score (Online Main examination)
Each candidate will be required to obtain a minimum score in each test of Online Main Examination and also a minimum total score to be considered for further process. Depending on number of the State/ UT wise vacancies available, cut-offs will be decided and candidates will be considered for provisional allotment. Prior to the completion of provisional allotment process scores obtained in the Online Main Examination will not be shared with the candidates.
MARKS OBTAINED IN THE MAIN EXAMINATION ONLY WILL BE CONSIDERED FOR FINAL MERIT LISTING.
- PROVISIONAL ALLOTMENT
The total marks allotted for Main Examination are 200. Marks will be converted out of 100 for Provisional allotment. A candidate should qualify in the CWE online Main examination and be sufficiently high in the merit to be considered for subsequent provisional allotment process, details of which will be made available subsequently on IBPS website.
Check out the important IBPS Clerk Details
Please don’t miss our other videos by subscribing to our YouTube Channel