The notification for IB Recruitment 2017 is out. The Ministry of Home Affairs has announced the recruitment for the post of Assistant Central Intelligence Officer (ACIO) for IB (Intelligence Bureau of India).
IB recruitment 2017 is a golden opportunity for those who are looking to get a prestigious government job.
The notification for IB Recruitment 2017 is out and 1,430 posts have been announced. IB ACIO Tier I exam will be conducted on 15th October, 2017. We will discuss here everything about IB ACIO exam 2017 – Eligibility criteria, exam pattern, vacancies, important dates, selection procedure, and application procedure and so on. Go through the entire post for complete details. You may also download the PDF for your ready reference.
Exam specific information:
- The exam consists of three stages – Tier I, Tier II and interview.
- Tier I exam is objective multiple choice type and Tier II is written descriptive test
- Negative marking of 0.25 or 1/4th mark in Tier I exam
- Final selection is based on performance in Tier I, Tier II and interview
IB Recruitment 2017 Vacancy details
IB ACIO 2017 vacancies have been announced in the official notification. There are a total of 1,430 vacancies. 10% of the vacancies in each category are reserved for ex-servicemen.
IB Recruitment 2017 Eligibility Criteria
- A graduation degree in any discipline from a University recognized by Government of India or an equivalent qualification
- Candidate should have knowledge of Computers
The candidate should be between 20 and 27 years of age. The relaxations for SC/ST and OBC categories are applicable as per the govt. rules.
|Category||Minimum age||Maximum Age|
- Upper age limit is relaxable for departmentalcandidates’ upto 40 years of age who have rendered 3years of regular and continuous service.
- The age limit is relaxable up to age of 35 years forgeneral candidates and up to 40 years for SC/ST incase of widows, divorced women and women judiciallyseparated from their husbands and not remarried.
- The Handicapped/OH/HH/VH is not eligible to apply for the IB ACIO recruitment 2017.
IB ACIO Important Dates
|Start of IB ACIO 2017 Online Registration||12 August, 2017|
|Last date for IB ACIO 2917 Online Registration||10 September, 2017|
|Download of Tier I Admit Card||September last week – Oct first week|
|Exam Date for IB ACIO 2017 Tier I exam||15th October, 2017|
|Result of IB ACIO Tier I exam||November, 2017|
|Download of Tier II Admit card||December Last week|
|Exam Date for IB ACIO 2017 Tier II exam||7thJanuary, 2018|
|Result of IB ACIO Tier II exam||Jan-Feb, 2018|
IB ACIO Selection Procedure
The selection procedure for IBPS ACIO exam 2017 is comprised of three stages – Tier I, Tier II and interview. Students who clear Tier I exam will be eligible to sit in the Tier II examination. The score in Tier I, Tier II and interview is considered for final merit.
|1||Tier I exam||Online||Objective||Considered for final merit|
|2||Tier II Exam||Written||Descriptive||Considered for final merit|
|3||Interview||Face-to-face||Considered for final merit|
Note: The candidate is eligible for Tier II if he has cleared Tier I exam. The final selection is based on performance in Tier I, Tier II and interview.
IB Recruitment 2017 – Exam pattern
IB Recruitment 2017 – Tier IExam Pattern:
IB ACIO Tier I exam pattern is similar to SSC CGL exam.
|Section||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks||Score||Time|
|English Language||25||25||+1 for correct answer and -0.25 incorrect answer||Composite time of 1 hour|
- Negative Marking: 25% or 1/4th of marks assigned to a question
- A candidate is allowed to appear for Tier II only if he has cleared Tier I
IB Recruitment 2017 – Tier II Exam Pattern:
|English Comprehension & Precis||20|
- Maximum marks are 50
- The paper is written descriptive in nature
- Minimum cut off marks are 33%
IB Recruitment 2017 – Interview:
- The IB ACIO exam is of 100 marks
- The interview call is based on combined performance in Tier I and Tier II exam.
- Final selection is based on the combined performance in Tier I, Tier II and interview.
IB Recruitment 2017 – Application procedure
The application has been closed on 10th September, 2017
- Log on to the official website: mha.nic.in
- Click on Link “Click Here to proceed”
- Fill the form and upload photograph and signature
- Pay the fee online
- Submit and take print out of the form
IB ACIO Application Fee
- 100/- for only male candidates belonging to General and OBC category are required to pay the fee.
- All SC/ST and female candidates are exempted from payment of examination fee.
IB ACIO Admit Card
The candidates who have filled the application form for IB Recruitment 2017 exam from the official website.
- Tier I admit card will be released in last week of September, 2017
- Tier II admit card will be released in last week of December, 2017
IB ACIO 2017 Preparation
The subjects in IB ACIO exam are same as any other government job exam – Quantitative aptitude, reasoning ability, English language and general awareness. The General Awareness topic includes social issues, sports, national and international events, politics, etc. So you need to be well versed with the current affairs. You should try to develop a good balance between speed and accuracy as you get only 60 minutes for 100 questions in the Tier I exam.
For IB ACIO preparation, join premium coaching for IB ACIO