Hello friends, we have brought this Daily Current Affairs – 29th March 2018 for you here. Read till the end to know all important news for the day. Stay tuned and follow this series to improve your general awareness. We strive to give you every information at one point so that you don’t have to waste your time searching for it on the internet. So, read on and enjoy the current affairs for today.
Daily Current Affairs – 29th March 2018
- Indu Bhushan appointed CEO of Ayushman Bharat mission
Indu Bhushan is appointed as the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of the Union Government’s ambitious Ayushman Bharat National Health Protection Mission (ABNHPM).
- The Union cabinet chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi on March 21, 2018 approved the launch of the Ayushman Bharat National Health Protection Mission.
- The scheme has the benefit medical cover of Rs 5 lakh per family per year. The cover will take care of almost all secondary care and tertiary care procedures.
- Union Ministry of Power ties-up with Skill India to support Saubhagya Scheme
The Union Ministry of Power tied-up with the Union Ministry of Skill Development & Entrepreneurship to train the manpower in six states for speedy implementation of Saubhagya Scheme.
- Saubhagya Scheme is also known as Pradhan Mantri Sahaj Bijli Har Ghar Yojana. Around 4 crore households are expected to get electricity connections under the scheme.
- Around 47,000 Distribution Lineman-Multi Skills and 8,500 Technical Helpers will be trained to meet the requirement of power sector.
- India and ADB sign USD 80 million loan agreement to boost employment in Himachal Pradesh
The Asian Development Bank (ADB) and Indian Government on March 28, 2018 signed USD 80 million loan agreement to help modernise Technical and Vocational Education and Training (TVET) institutions and improve the skills ecosystem in Himachal Pradesh.
- The project will support the skill initiatives of Himachal Pradesh government and will help the State in stepping up the reform and scale-up its skill development effort.
- The project will help in equipping the youth with market-relevant technical and vocational skills.
- Vijay Raghavan appointed as Principal Scientific Advisor to Union Government
Malaysian Government on March 26, 2018 tabled a bill in parliament to outlaw fake news proposing hefty fines and 10 years in jail for publishers of fake news.
- Vijay Raghavan will succeed physicist Rajagopala Chidambaram who served the position for more than 16 years.
- India’s first Insect Museum Opened in Tamil Nadu
An insect museum with the state-of-the-art amenities was launched by Tamil Nadu Chief Minister K Palaniswamy at the Tamil Nadu Agricultural University.
- The museum, established at a 6,691 sqft area with a total cost of Rs 5 crore, is fully dedicated to insects and is first of its kind in the country.
- It would display insects preserved as specimens depicting their different developmental stages, images, videos and their unique behaviour, habits and habitats.
- Harsimrat Kaur Badal to inaugurate Rajasthan’s first mega food park in Ajmer
Union Food Processing Industries Minister Smt. Harsimrat Kaur Badal will inaugurate the first mega food park at Roopangarh Village in Ajmer, Rajasthan.
- The Food Park is being set up at a cost of Rs 113.57 crore and will benefit around 25,000 farmers in Ajmer as well as neighbouring districts.
- Central Processing Centre (CPC) of this Mega Food Park include Cold Storage of 5,000 MT, Deep Freeze of 2,550 MT, IQF of 2 MT/Hr., Dry Warehouse for Raw Materials 2,500 MT + Dry Warehouse for Finished Goods of 5,000 MT, Silos of 6,500 MT, Pack House of 10 MT/Hr, Steam Generator of 8 MT/Hr and other related food processing facilities.
- Rs 350 coin to mark birth anniversary of Guru Gobind Singh
Government will come out with a Rs 350 commemorative coin to mark 350th birth anniversary of Guru Gobind Singh, the 10th and last Sikh Guru.
- The coin with standard weight of 35 gram will have 50 per cent silver, 40 per cent copper and 5 per cent each of nickel and zinc.
- The reverse side will bear the picture of “Takht Shri Harimandir Ji Patna Sahib” in the centre.
- Cricket Australia bans Steve Smith, David Warner for 12 months
Cricket Australia (CA) has banned Australian captain Steve Smith and vice-captain David Warner for 12 months and handed a nine-month ban to Cameron Bancroft.
- Warner and Smith have also been banned from captaining Australia for two years.
- These players have been charged for deliberately trying to tamper with the condition of the ball in an orchestrated attempt to gain an advantage.
- Anushka Sharma and PV Sindhu featured in Forbes 30 Under 30 Asia 2018 List
Bollywood actress-producer Anushka Sharma and Badminton Ace P V Sindhu got featured in the Forbes 30 Under 30 Asia 2018 list for the first time in their career.
- The list includes innovators who are reshaping their industries and changing Asia for the better.
Hope you like this Daily Current Affairs – 29th March 2018. keep learning…!!
Please don’t miss our other videos by subscribing to our YouTube Channel